showing 1-5 of 17 products
- Bundle Description
Your learners will enjoy the rigor and creativity of our engaging activities built from best teaching practices. We want to make your lesson planning journey easy, so you can focus on your expertise. This novel study includes a curriculum map pacing guide that offers our day-by-day suggestion for how to plan out your weeks of lessons. Our pedagogy section explains the instructive idea behind the activity, gives ideas for implementation, and aligns it to the standards. We've filmed some training videos on (1) how to assemble a Novel Analysis Packet that is unique to the academic needs of your learners and (2) how to effectively use our Quickwrite writing prompts.
TEXT: IF I STAY by Gayle Forman
TOTAL: 184 slides/pages
→ Pacing Guide and Answer Keys included
This resource can be purchased as part of IF I STAY Unit Teaching Package bundle.
WHAT OTHER TEACHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS LITERATURE UNIT
♥ I chose this unit because my groups of sophomores HATED To Kill a Mockingbird so I decided to find a book more to their tastes, 10/10 would make the same choice again. My kids were engaged and liked the unit, thanks for providing such a great unit!
♥ This is a great novel study for If I Stay! I am looking forward to using it with my special education high school students.
♥ This source was amazing for reading the novel with my students and the activities to go along with it! Great resource and loved it! Thanks for sharing!
♥ Used this with a classroom of boys who needed intervention in Reading and they enjoyed the book and the materials to work through the book.
♥ I used your unit on The Giver and LOVED IT! So excited to use this unit with my high school students.
♥ I used this for tutoring a student. The vocabulary section was great as well as some of the Quickwrites.
LITERATURE PLAN CONTENTS
→ Suggested timeline of how a teacher could plan out the unit
→ Detailed explanations of the goals of each activity and how to conduct the activities
→ Meets Common Core Standards
→ Easy to differentiate for different learning levels: Honors, 2nd language learners, and Sped
★ IF I STAY Movie Trailer (from YouTube)
- answer thematic questions to get students thinking about the novel
- 11-page/slide activity
- organize the 6 parts of the plot
- 1-page organizer
- Students analyze the 6 different types of conflict in stories
- 2-page organizer
- analyze the main characters using novel quotes
- 5-page organizer
- analyze the main settings using novel quotes
- 1-page organizer
- Students analyze the 6 different symbols in the story
- 8-page organizer
- We set out to make the most helpful, most compelling, most graphically attractive teaching resource for you to introduce your learners to all the various figurative language. This 70+ slide PowerPoint will help you introduce how every many you need to teach your level of learners.
- analyze and complete 32 figures of speech specific to the novel
- 5-page bundle (3 parts)
- Similes vs. Metaphors
- Figurative Language Analysis
- Similes, Metaphors, Idioms, Hyperboles, Analogies, Personification, Onomatopoeia, Allusions, Symbols
- 1/2 writing assignments to spur much deeper conversational thinking
- 32-slide PowerPoint
- a 5-question pop quiz per 1 chapter
* 22-slides of PowerPoint Quizzes
* 10-pages of Printable Quizzes
- The purpose of these is so students who read the chapters recently would ace the quiz and students who didn't read recently would not do well.
- 120 vocabulary words from the novel
- four 30-question lists & quizzes
- 16-page Bundle includes list of words, quiz, and answer keys
- This is the song that Mia sings that her father wrote
- 2-page Activity
- 3 response to literature essay options for students to choose from; optional delivery of essay as a speech
- Includes essay topics and speech grading rubrics
- 6-page bundle
- 2-page Worksheet
- Students compare & contrast the movie and novel
Enjoy! And remember that dying is easy...Living is hard.
OTHER IF I STAY VISIONS
OUR VAST NOVEL UNIT LIBRARY
→ We've got 35+ more complete novel units for you, ready to save you precious time and sanity so you can have your life back to do what you do best ... teach!
Bored w/ Teaching GRAMMAR?
→ Introduce your learners to The Grammar Ninjas!