Products in this Bundle (19)
showing 1-5 of 19 products
This bundle contains ALL my print-and-use worksheets, handouts, and teaching activities for my extensive unit on Shakespeare’s Macbeth.
As Macbeth is one of the set texts on the IGCSE English Literature exams for 2019, 2020, and 2021, I have taken it upon myself to put together this resource to optimally prepare my students for the exams.
The level of the bundle is certainly also high enough to be taught as a set text for the IB English A: Literature or English A: Language and Literature curriculum.
Most resources, in my opinion, are too patronising of the students and / or do not cater specifically to the higher level criteria and requirements of the IGCSE Literature exams.
Keeping all this in mind, the bundle contains worksheets / handouts for EVERY SCENE of the play. Each worksheet includes a variety of the following:
- Comprehension & Close Reading Questions (for all scenes).
- Dramatic Reading / Role-play or Re-enactment Activity to help students engage with the text in a multi-sensory manner and to try to make the text on the page come to life.
- Shakespeare in Context: Various information texts to give students a better insight into the context of composition, Shakespeare’s England, and the critical reception of the play.
- Analysing Character, Language, Structure, Plot, Themes, and Stylistic Devices Activities (these differ and are adapted to what each scene is most suited to). There is a specific focus on IGCSE Literature assessment criteria, and the practice activities offer lots of guidance for student practice.
- Creative Writing and Personal Response Tasks - depending on the scene and how well it lends itself for this, a creative writing and/or personal response activity is included.
- Close Reading / Extract Exam Practice Questions with extensive guidance to help students prepare for the exams.
- MODEL ANSWERS + TEACHER’S Guide section for ALL WORKSHEETS, include detailed answers to all questions and activities and are designed to help teachers gain a deeper understanding of the play, guide their assessment of the students essays / extract analysis questions, and generally to help when teaching this iconic but albeit complex Shakespearean tragedy.
- Included in this bundle are my Shakespeare Biography handout AND my Introduction to Shakespeare's Language unit (+ MODEL ANSWERS etc.).
That's 20 handouts / worksheets etc. in the entire bundle!
Feedback is always appreciated!