This is an advanced, detailed ready-to-teach handout for a lesson or a unit based on "Coming" by Philip Larkin. The poem is also on the IGCSE English Literature curriculum for exams in 2019, 2020, and 2021, but the handout and worksheet can be used independent of the exams, too!
The handout includes:
- Biography and introduction to the poet - Philip Larkin
- The poem text with, line numbers to facilitate a close-reading, and a glossary of unusual or difficult vocabulary and concepts. Illustrations and images further help clarify the use of words and phrases in the specific context of the poem.
- Comprehension, close reading and analysis questions, with a particular focus on close reading and analysis of language and its effects.
- Additional essay questions and writing tasks to facilitate exam preparation (emulate IGCSE English Literature exam questions.
- Teacher’s Notes, including an analysis and commentary of the poem, to help be used as a teacher's guide or to be used to aid students in their revision for the exam.
Save 70% by getting this resource as part of my IGCSE Poetry Vol. 2 Part 2 TEACH + EXAM PREP BUNDLE!
Enjoy, and please leave feedback!