A comprehensive lesson plan on how to connect the theme of the story to daily life by writing from imagination on the given topic.
Teachers can use this resource to enhance the imagination of the students and help them to be imaginative while writing.
1. Demonstrate the knowledge of imaginative writing (e.g. sequence, storytelling).
2. Use adjectives, similes, metaphors, descriptive phrases and powerful vocabulary to write an imaginative piece of work.
1. Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
2. Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using an effective technique, well-chosen details, and well-structured event sequences.
3. Develop and strengthen writing as needed by planning, revising, editing, rewriting, or trying a new approach, focusing on addressing what is most significant for a specific purpose and audience.
This Resource Includes:
1. Scaffolded Notes -
• Vocabulary Overview
• Magic Doorway
• Simple Exercise
• Imaginative Writing Guide
• 6 Exercises
• Mystery Object
• Word-Bank: Adjectives, Adverbs, Connectives, Verbs
2. Real Life Application - Imagination
3. Teaching and Learning Activities/Strategies -
- Flipped Lesson Part - Videos - Creative Writing
- Lesson Starter – The Magic Door
- Success Criteria
- Lesson Development - Pair-Share, Mini-Plenary
- Individual Task - Differentiation - 6 Tasks
4. Assessment Criteria
- Rubrics - Imaginative Writing
- Plenary - Mystery Object
- Skills - Social and Cognitive
5. Home Learning - 3 Online Exercises
For the PowerPoint Presentation of the same Lesson you may refer to:
IMAGINATIVE WRITING PRESENTATION
Here are some possible uses for these in your classroom:
✿ Early Finishers
✿ Sub Tubs
✿ ESL Stations/Centres
✿ Holiday Work
✿ Small Group Collaborations
✿ End of Unit Quick Assessments
This is what teachers say about these resources:
✎ DIALOGUE WRITING:
This was easy to use. It helped my students to review and fix the errors they were making in their writing. –Beth G.
✎ CAPITALIZATION RULES:
The perfect visual to help students remember to use capitalization while writing." – Mary Z.
✎ ACTIVE VERBS:
This is a great resource to include in the binders for future resources. - Patricia O.
✎ FICTIONAL STORY WRITING:
A great resource for students to practice writing during center. - Jamie S.
✎ NOUN PHRASES:
This product was helpful for my ELD students! – Rae E.
✎ PLAY-SCRIPT WRITING:
Can't wait to use this when I get back. Just love the approach to learning script writing skills. – Kathryn A.
Very excited about using this in my intensive reading classes. – Tammye G.
✎ PREPOSITIONS-10 RULES:
The handouts are perfect for students to use as a reference while writing. – Mary Z.
Great resource for first aid presentations. I'll be using this with my class. - Jackie Malley
✎ COMPOUND-COMPLEX SENTENCES:
These task cards were perfect test practice! - Michelle P.
✎ PUNCTUATION WORKSHEETS:
I found the variety of options to be useful,… I have used it to complement the areas of focus in my lessons. - Dianne P.
✎ SUJECT-VERB AGREEMENT:
I have used this resource several times already. –Jean C.
This is great. I can't wait to use it with my ESOL students. - Rebecca D.
✎ SEVEN AGES OF MAN:
This was perfect use of imagery and words. It helped even my weaker 6th graders understand the message of the poem and complete an activity on their own. - Amy B.
How to get TPT credit to use for future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.
Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a FOLLOWER
. You will now receive email updates about this store. Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches.
Find Me Here:
o TPT Store - JOHN DSOUZA
o Pinterest - JOHN DSOUZA
o Facebook - TOMORROW’S CLASSROOM TODAY
o Instagram - JOHN421969
o Twitter - JOHN421969