A ready to use lesson plan that presents teaching and learning resources on imaginative writing.
After completing this lesson, the students will be able to:
- Recall imaginative writing techniques.
- Apply authorial technique to spur imagination.
- Demonstrate imagination skill in writing.
This download includes:
- Vocabulary Overview - Imagination, Creativity
- Real Life Application and Cross-Curriculum Links
- Flipped Lesson Part - Video
- Success Criteria - Imagination Checklist
Lesson Starter: Picturing a situation with imagination.
Discussion: Imaginative Writing Techniques
- Pair-Share: Imagining a story hidden in the given images.
- Think-Write: Responding to the prompting questions.
- Write-Share: Using given prompts to spur imagination.
Mini-Plenary: 7 Online Quizzes
Differentiated Tasks: Demonstrating skill of imagination in writing.
Extensions: Following the prompt to complete a story.
Plenary: Answering multiple choice questions on imaginative writing.
- Imagining and answering.
- Describing what you see in your imagination.
- Thinking out of the box.
- Using prompts to give vent to imagination.
Common Core Standards: ELA-Literacy-Writing - 9-10.3/5/L.9-10.1/5ab
Skills: Social and Cognitive
Here are some possible uses for these in your classroom:
- To challenge early finishers
- For effective tutoring
- As ESL stations and sub tubs
- As holiday work and homework
- For small group collaborations
- For an end of unit assessments
- For reinforcement and enrichment
This is what teachers say about these resources:
Customer Tips: How to get TPT credit to use for future purchases
- Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.
- Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
- I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
- Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a FOLLOWER. You will now receive email updates about this store. Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches.
Find Me Here: