Indiana Academic Standards Aligned Special Education Interactive Lesson Plan Templates Grades K-4
IMPORTANT!!! PLEASE READ NOTE AT BOTTOM OF THIS DESCRIPTION
The interactive features in this document will NOT work on a Mac.
K – 4 INDIANA SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHERS;
DO YOU WANT TO SAVE TIME COMPLETING YOUR LESSON PLANS EACH WEEK?
DO YOU WANT A LESSON PLAN FORM THAT CONTAINS MOST ALL THE INFORMATION YOU NEED TO COMPLETE DETAILED AND THOROUGH LESSON PLANS?
If you answered “yes” to the above questions, then these lesson plan templates ARE FOR YOU!
This set of templates contains only 3 templates: one for ELA Reading, one for ELA Writing, Speaking & Listening, Language, and one for Mathematics. All grade level Indiana Academic Standards for K-4 Reading are contained within the Reading template, all grade level standards for K-4 Writing, Speaking & Listening and Language and contained within the Writing, Speaking and Listening and Language template and all grade level standards for K-4 Mathematics are contained within the Math template. This set of templates was specifically designed for Indiana special education teachers with caseloads including K-4 who want all grade levels in one template.
This set of Special Education lesson plan templates are unique in that they are: (1) aligned with the Indiana Academic Standards in the areas of English Language Arts – Reading, Writing, Speaking & Listening, Language- and Mathematics; and (2) fully interactive with drop down menus, check boxes and plain text content control typing fields for easily selecting/inserting relevant information related to planning lesson for special needs students. These lesson plan templates were designed to SAVE YOU TIME in preparing weekly lesson plans for your students.
EACH GRADE LEVEL/SUBJECT AREA CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING SECTIONS:
1. Identifying Information – with plain text content control typing fields for inserting the teacher’s name, the specific group/students for whom the lesson will be conducted, and the dates the lesson will be implemented;
2. Instructional Setting – with a check-box to indicate whether the special education services for the lesson will be delivered in a self-contained class, a resource room or the general education setting;
3. Indiana Academic Standards Focus – with drop down menus for selecting the standards focus for
the lesson. These templates contain five grade levels in one template. The Reading template contains all the reading standards for kindergarten through grade 4, as do the math and the writing, speaking & listening, language templates.;
4. IEP Goal/Objectives – with a plain text content control typing field for inserting the specific goal/objectives addressed during the lesson;
5. Specially Designed Instruction – with drop down menus for selecting up to four specially designed instructional techniques required for the goal/objectives (specific to each subject area);
6. General/Subject Specific Accommodations/Modifications/Supplemental Aides and Services – with drop down menus for selecting up to five general and subject-specific accommodations, modifications, and supplemental aides and services;
7. Materials – with a plain text content control field for quickly typing in a list of instructional materials needed for the lesson;
Page 3 :
8. Procedures – divided into Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4 and Day 5 - with a plain text content control field for inserting the specific procedures to be followed during the lesson for each day;
9. Assessment – a section with a drop down menu for selecting and inserting the specific assessment method(s) which will be used to assess learning of the standard/objective and a section with another drop down menu for selecting the specific assessment modifications to be implemented for the assessment(s) chosen; and
10. Notes – with a plain text content control field for quickly inserting important reminders before the lesson and/or reflections regarding the outcome of the lesson or notes for follow-up after the lesson has been conducted.
The Math template has 5 pages, with the first two pages containing the standards drop-down menu boxes.
This lesson plan set contains templates for the primary grades of Kindergarten, First, Second and Third Grades AND for Fourth Grade combined in each subject area template. The set contains 3 lesson templates one each for the subject areas of English Language Arts- Reading, English Language Arts – Writing, Speaking & Listening, and Language, and Mathematics. Each lesson plan template is four pages long (with the exception of Math, which is 5 pages long).
This is THE LESSON PLAN TEMPLATE for Indiana Special Education Teachers who teach Kindergarten through Grade 4!
You can view a preview of the Reading template level by clicking on “Download Preview” on the product page.
If you have any questions regarding these lesson plan templates, please contact me and ...happy (speedy) planning!
These templates have been recently revised to allow for changes other than choosing drop down menus and filling in text fields. The templates are now FULLY EDITABLE.
These templates are Word documents created using Microsoft Word 2010. The interactive features are only accessible on a PC computer with Microsoft Word 2007 or later installed. The interactive features will not work on a Mac computer or a PC with Windows 2003.
PLEASE NOTE: There is a character limitation in the drop down menus. No more than 256 characters can be entered into the drop down list or displayed in the document. Therefore, for those standards containing more than 256 characters, the majority of the standard will be displayed, but all characters beyond the 256 limit will be cut off when inserted into the document.
*****PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS A COMPATIBILITY ISSUE WITH THE DROP DOWN MENUS IN THESE DOCUMENTS ON A MAC MACHINE. OFFICE FOR THE MAC DOES NOT SUPPORT MACROS. THEREFORE, THE INTERACTIVE FEATURES IN THIS DOCUMENT (DROP DOWN MENUS, TEXT FIELDS, ETC) WILL NOT WORK ON A MAC MACHINE.