Our Reading Response Quilt for use with any novel was such a hit that we created an Informational Text Reading Response Quilt for use with ANY Informational Text!
**THIS RESOURCE IS A PART OF TWO LARGER BUNDLES. SAVE OVER 25% BY PURCHASING OUR READING RESOURCES BUNDLE OR OUR READING RESPONSE ACTIVITIES BUNDLE**
This Informational Text Reading Response Activity can be used in a variety of ways in your classroom! Here are just a few suggestions of how you can utilize these reading responses as reading activities or reading assignments:
- Assign students a written response at the end of each section or two while studying a text.
- Use the quilt to hold students accountable for articles or other informational text they read independently.
- Have students use the prompts to write reports.
- Assign a weekly writing assignment focused on your current unit of study and allow students the freedom to choose what they want to answer.
We want to give students the FREEDOM to CHOOSE what they want to write about. It also makes grading less redundant when you are reading various responses from your students!
In addition to the 20-question quilt, you are also provided with a rubric (you can select the point value of each item in the rubric), academic vocabulary terms, and evidence-based phrases to help students with writing their responses.
This Informational Text Reading Response Activity can used across various grade levels - from 6th all the way to 12th grade.
* Please note, the duration of this activity completely depends how you choose to use it in your classroom. This could be useful for anywhere from one unit of study all the way up to an entire year's worth of written responses. *
ALSO FROM EB ACADEMIC CAMPS:
Personalized Close Reading Strategies Bookmarks
Emergency Sub Lesson Plans for Middle School
4 WEEK Love Poems Unit
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for sales and all things Middle School ELA!