We all know that children learn best through example, but I believe that if we really want them to understand and demonstrate positive character, we need to be very intentional with teaching those traits. That is why I created my Building Communities of Character series!
We want our students to become a positive part of our classroom community, and for that to happen we need to teach them about initiative. Here are the materials included in this fun-filled packet:
1. An original Skeezik and Arlo book with a blackline master for student copies
2. Ideas for a classroom environment that encourages community
3. A class pledge
4. An initiative poster
5. Classroom helper signs
6. Original songs about community and initiative
7. An introduction lesson
8. An initiative book list
9. Literature connection activities with "Herman the Helper" by Robert Kraus and "Stephanie's Ponytail" by Robert Munsch
10. Four initiative activities/games for practice and review
11. Two initiative worksheets
12. A parent letter
This packet includes at least one STEM activity!
INITIATIVE is one of 14 packets in my Building Communities of Character series. The others are: Self-Control, Honesty, Cooperation, Respect, Compassion, Responsibility, Citizenship, Generosity, Perseverance, Integrity, Flexibility, Friendship, and Problem Solving. If you are interested in any of these titles, be sure to check them out in my store. Thanks a bunch, and enjoy!