PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This product provides both visual enhancement and hands on activities for the theme of insects.
Insects are introduced through the use of picture flash cards, which are available in various sizes. Print the size required, depending upon your needs and printing capacity.
Two sets of picture flash cards may be printed for use as a matching activity or multiple sets of picture flash cards may be printed for a patterning activity.
Insect word cards, in both English and Myanmar (Burmese), are also included. For bilingual learners, the word cards can be printed back to back, so that English is printed on one side and Myanmar on the other. Students can match the correct word card with each picture card.
An insect observation tank is used as a number mat for a number placement activity. A printable number tile is placed onto the mat and the student chooses the corresponding number of insects to place into the tank. Students can choose their favourite insect pictures from the 12 picture cards provided. Number tiles 1-10 are provided in both English and Myanmar (Burmese).
If you do not wish to use the Myanmar pages from this resource, simply print only the pages you require.
‘INSECTS UNIT- IN ENGLISH AND MYANMAR’ is a 21 page pdf.
It includes the following:
- Cover page (x1)
- Example pages (x2)
- Large picture flash cards (x4)
- Small picture flash cards (x1)
- Insect observation tank number mat (x1)
- Insect manipulatives and number tiles (English and Myanmar) for placement onto mat (x1)
- Insect word cards in English (x2)
- Insect word cards in Myanmar (Burmese) (x2)
- Cut and paste picture match worksheet (x3)
- Cut and paste word match worksheet in English (x1)
- Cut and paste word match worksheet in Myanmar (Burmese) (x1)
- Pattern mat in 2 sizes (x1)
- Thank you and credits page (x1)
For the longevity of the manipulatives, it is best to print and then laminate.
Gyi Bya Designs trusts that this product will be a blessing to your classroom/ homeschool and students. Gyi Bya Designs is committed to providing high quality, hands on learning materials for children in Myanmar and around the world.
Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any input, questions or suggestions.