Also included in
- Get 50 digital technology teaching resources in this bundle! There are resources for teaching lower school students about digital systems, middle school students about hardware, software and peripheral devices and even Minecraft themed activities for teaching students about binary and converting bin$99.99$124.00Save $24.01
Social media online / cyber safety activity designed to help students learn about information that is safe and unsafe to share online and on social media!
The Social Media Template is designed as an activity for students to practice creating a safe profile or post online. Students are required to draw a picture (or insert a picture/selfie if completing digitally), add a caption and hashtags to their post.
The Social Media Feed Template is designed as an activity where students are required to sort the square tiles of different personal information into the correct category (safe/unsafe information to share). Optionally, for upper primary students, you could have students complete the activity without the tiles - requiring them to brainstorm and select information that is safe/unsafe to share independently.
This activity is highly engaging and students love pretending to have social media accounts and creating posts! This activity was loved by my students in my own digital technology classes!
You have a few options to complete this activity:
- Print the worksheet templates and complete them individually
- Print the flipbook templates and complete the activity as an interactive flipbook
- Access the links included and assign students the digital Seesaw version of the activity
This is a fun and engaging way of exploring the Australian Curriculum ACTDIP005, ACTDIP013, and ACTDIP022 content strands!
AUSTRALIAN CURRICULUM LINKS:
Year 3/4 ACTDIP013 - Plan, create and communicate independently and with others, applying agreed ethical and social protocols (ACARA, 2020).
Year 5/6 ACTDIP022 - Plan, create and communicate ideas and information, including collaboratively online, applying agreed ethical, social and technical protocols.
Other Popular TeachingDigiTech Resources:
- Online Safety iPad Flip Book Activity
- Hardware and Software BUNDLE
- Peripheral Devices BUNDLE (Input, Output & Storage)
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Besides each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about my store. ☺
Created by a primary school digital technology specialist teacher these are digital technology activities that are tried and tested to work in the classroom! Easy to implement and use and make teaching the curriculum a breeze!
Thanks for supporting my passion project!