Sight words are one of the fundamental building blocks to reading fluency. Because they often defy general phonics rules, your students need lots of practice identifying, reading and writing each sight word. INTERACTIVE DIGITAL SIGHT WORDS is a zero-prep, paperless resource that provides your students with the independent, hands-on word work and fluency practice they need!
Each INTERACTIVE DIGITAL SIGHT WORD pack focuses on the following word work and fluency activities:
1. Find and Highlight Students will find the specified sight word within a group of different words with a variety of fonts and mark it with a drag-and-drop highlight.
2. Build It At the side of the page there are mixed up letter tiles to build the sight word. Students will drag-and-drop these letters to correctly build the given sight word.
3. Sentence Scramble Word tiles are located at the bottom of the first slide. Students will unscramble the titles and build a sentence that matches the graphics on the slide by dragging-and-dropping the word tiles in the correct order.
4. Type It Using the keyboard, students will type the site word into the READ, TYPE and MATCH text boxes.
5. Read and Match Finally, your students will read each of the sight word sentences and find its matching picture tile. They will drag-and-drop the picture tiles. All of the sentences are designed with beginning readers in mind. They are written with short vowel words, high frequency nouns and other sight words.
INTERACTIVE DIGITAL SIGHT WORDScan be used on any device with PowerPoint.
***TECH SPECIFICATIONS: You will need the full version of PowerPoint (2011 or later), or its Google equivalent, on any device (computer, tablet, iPad, etc.) that uses this resource.
***FONT REQUIRED: The typing font used in the READ, TYPE and MATCH text boxes is KG What the Teacher Wants . Please download and install your "Free for Personal Use" copy of this font.
Sight words currently posted: