I love graphic organizers because they help students conceptualize complex literary concepts, like character analysis.
This Common Core-aligned INTERACTIVE MINI-BOOK asks students to go deeper into understanding nine of the characters in the award-winning novel, HELLO, UNIVERSE by Erin Entrada Kelly:
Virgil; Valencia; Chet; Kaori; Gen; Lola; Mrs. Salinas*; Joselito*; and Julius*.
Students analyze each character, choose three traits* to describe him/her, and provide text evidence to support each trait. (*Students identify only one character trait each for Mrs. Salinas, Joselito, and Julius.) A “Character Traits” list is included for student reference.
The final page of the mini-book is a post-reading essay. Here, students choose either Virgil or Valencia and explain what that character learned about him/herself over the course of the novel.
WHAT YOU GET WITH THIS PRODUCT:
• a 9-page character trait analysis interactive mini-book, complete with a list of character traits for student support
• a choice of two interactive mini-book covers: color and printer-friendly black & white
• a “How to Use the Mini-Book” tip sheet
• a Common Core-alignment page
• a how-to page for assembling the mini-book
THIS PRODUCT COULD BE USED:
• as comprehension checkpoints during Guided Reading, Reading Workshop, or Independent Reading
• as part of an Interactive Notebook or Reading Response Journal
• for homework assignments during a novel study or independent reading
If you are looking for an engaging DIGITAL and PRINT version of this product, click here.
Rating after downloading is deeply appreciated.
Yours in Literacy,