PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
I love graphic organizers because they help students conceptualize complex literary concepts, like character analysis.
This Common Core-aligned INTERACTIVE MINI-BOOK asks students to go deeper into understanding seven of the characters in the novel The Tiger Rising by Kate DiCamillo: Rob; Sistine; Billy and Norton; Beauchamp; Willie May; Rob’s Dad; Rob’s Mom.
Students analyze each character, choose three traits to describe him/her, and provide text evidence to support each trait. A “Character Traits” list is included for student reference.
The final page of the mini-book is a post-reading essay. Here, students explain what Rob learned about himself over the course of the novel.
WHAT YOU GET WITH THIS PRODUCT:
• a 9-page character trait analysis interactive mini-book, complete with a list of character traits for student support
• a choice of two interactive mini-book covers: color and printer-friendly black & white
• a “How to Use the Mini-Book” tip sheet
• a Common Core-alignment page
• a how-to page for assembling the mini-book
THIS PRODUCT COULD BE USED:
• as comprehension checkpoints during Guided Reading, Reading Workshop, or Independent Reading
• as part of an Interactive Notebook or Reading Response Journal
• for homework assignments during a novel study or independent reading
Rating after downloading is greatly appreciated.
Yours in Literacy,