I love graphic organizers because they help students conceptualize complex literary concepts, like character analysis.
This Common Core-aligned mini-book asks students to go deeper into understanding six of the characters in the novel, I Survived the American Revolution, 1776 by Lauren Tarshis:
Nate; Uncle Storch; Eliza; Theo; Paul; and Pirate Slash O’Shea.
Students will analyze each character, choose two traits to describe him/her, and provide text evidence to support each trait. A “Character Traits” list is included for student reference.
WHAT YOU GET WITH THIS PRODUCT:
• a 7-page character trait analysis interactive mini-book, complete with a list of character traits for student support
• a “How to Use the Mini-Book” tip sheet
• a Common Core-alignment page
• a how-to page for assembling the mini-book
THIS PRODUCT COULD BE USED:
• as comprehension checkpoints during Guided Reading, Reading Workshop, or Independent Reading
• as part of an Interactive Notebook or Reading Response Journal
• for homework assignments during a novel study or independent reading
Click here for a super fun ESCAPE ROOM activity for this novel.
Rating after downloading is deeply appreciated.
Yours in Literacy,