Warm welcomes to my store, Kindly Pass The Math!
Wishing all educators the best in their teaching experiences as this new year marches on!
The following product is provided with honest intentions to assist the very busy educator who is responsible for teaching multitudes of very busy students.
* To explain, Interactive Word Walls are exactly what the title implies. The commonly used terms (each discipline has their own vocabulary) are placed on the classroom walls so that they are easily visible for students to see from their desks.
* Interactive Word Walls create powerful learning in the classroom
* Interactive Word Walls support mathematical language development.
* It is important to structure the terms on your Interactive Word Wall making ongoing learning easier.
* One important idea in using an Interactive Word Wall once you have displayed your terms in the classroom is to have students recreate the terms from your example and place them into a notebook for future reference.
* When possible, add pictures to represent the displayed terms, or better yet, have students contribute their own pictures from home or from student-created drawings. Post the illustrations by the terms already displayed on the wall.
* Interactive Word Walls provide a permanent model for understanding high frequency relevent terms in math.
* Interactive Word Walls should be reviewed by the entire class at regular and frequent intervals.
* There are a number of ways to display the Word Walls; terms may be displayed on a bulletin board, hung on hangers, or hung on a string across the front of the room.
* Interactive Word Walls provide struggling students with an immediate reference support.
* Interactive Word Walls help students become familiar with the necessary terms of their study and reinforce those terms visually.
* Interactive Word Walls are intended to be a work in progress. In other words, terms can be removed or added as lessons progress throughout the school year.
* Interactive Word Walls assist students in becoming more effective Standardized Test takers. This is true since, in effect, a great deal of vocabulary is incorporated into each test. Hence, it is extremely important that students understand the meanings and how to use the terms.
* Considering that we learn 10% of what we read, 20% of what we hear, 30% of what we see, 50% of what we see and hear, 70% of what we say, and 90% of what we say and do, the true value of Interactive Word Walls really jumps out at us!
* The terms offered in the following set of Word Wall cards are key to the Algebra I Unit covering PROPERTIES of REAL NUMBERS.
* There are twenty-seven cards in total for teachers to display in their classroom as they wish.
* Please enjoy this simple avenue to help reach the students and make teaching the joy it is intended to be.
* To protect the cards for future years, lamination is recommended.
* Please enjoy, and have an awesome year teaching!!!
Thank you, kindly!!!!