MIME Drama Unit. This is a fully detailed, curriculum aligned drama unit which provides you with 5 x 100 minute whole lesson plans. NO PREP REQUIRED! This unit comes with everything you need including sketch scenarios, drama cards, an original script, a whole class mime commentary and extension activities. I've done your term planning for you so you and have included detailed instructions so you can implement a quality mime drama unit! Suitable for all high school levels!
Note on timing: you may like to take some of the activities slower than indicated. I have jam packed the unit on purpose (with options for extension activities) so you have plenty of options for dynamic classes.
- 5 x 100 Minute Detailed Lesson Plans with well explained activities in a well structured sequence
- Homework Tasks
- Mime Emotion Cards
- Mime Cards (with a simple mime for each student to perform)
- Extension Activities
- Mime Sketch Scenarios
- Whole Class mimed scene commentary
- Mime Scene Scenario
- Original Script to perform
You will need a media player to play some YouTube clips (links provided) in one of the lessons.
KEY VOCABULARY: Mime. Gesture. Meaning. Facial Expressions. Body Language. Posture. Exaggerated Movement. Comedy. Attention to detail. Precise Movement. Focus. Character. Characterisation. Script / Scene. Stage Directions. Sketch.
UNIT AIMS: Students are introduced to and explore the performance of mime through guided drama experiences, devising and script performance. Students will:
- Use facial expressions, body language and movement to convey meaning
- Perform mime with attention to detail
- Devise simple mimes
- Use specific / focused gesture
- Learn about famous mime artists
- Work in groups to devise mime scenes
- Communicate ideas using the body and movement
- Use mime skills to enhance a scene with dialogue
- Participate in a whole class guided drama experience
- Devise, rehearse and present scenes using mime techniques
- Use drama vocabulary
*********** Looking for the handiest drama resource you will ever own? *************
DRAMA TRUNK DRAMA CARDS ARE A DRAMA TEACHER'S BEST FRIEND! Just print, laminate (optional) and cut out a set of versatile drama cards that you can use over and over again. I cannot count how many times and ways I have used drama cards – absolutely my most handy drama resource.
NEVER BE STUCK FOR A DRAMA ACTIVITY AGAIN!
Grab 17 DRAMA TRUNK drama card classic sets (also available individually) CLASSIC BUNDLED PACK
with Character, Emotion, Location, Movement, Mime Drama Cards and more...
OR CHECK OUT SOME OTHER SETS (available individually):
FORBIDDEN WORD SCENES
+ MORE AVAILABLE
Use DRAMA TRUNK drama cards for tons of creative, fun, imaginative, any day activities, including:
• Drama games (including last minute activities)
• Warm ups
• Team building and cooperation activities
• Improvisation / quick thinking
• Audition / rehearsal activities
• Language activities
• Guided learning
• Listening skills
Combine the use of multiple cards for even more activities, challenges and ideas (you will have a HUGE amount of drama activities ready to go when needed).
Stay tuned to my page DRAMA TRUNK
for more fantastic drama resources – from drama activities and classes for little people; primary school level drama; secondary curriculum, drama cards and more...
Please note that this product is for personal classroom teaching or home school use by a single purchaser only. You may not distribute, copy or modify this product other than for your own personal, non-commercial classroom use. © 2017 Drama Trunk. All rights reserved.