This literature extended response organizer will help students who struggle with writing literary responses after reading a selected text. The organizer provides students with easy to memorize sentence starters to ensure that they have all of the elements necessary in a well put together extended response (idea, evidence, interpretation, extension). I usually teach this model to my whole class, and then let students who master the organizer mold the sentence starters to their writing. However, students with special needs continue to use the organizer to be successful.
This 14 page packet includes:
- Lesson Ideas to teach and practice rubric
- Link to my special test prep blog address
A movie of students performing organizer as a cheer
(so catchy, they will have it memorized in a day)
Testing preparation materials and handouts (printable)
Multiple links to standardized test practice for grades 3-6
- 2 Organizers (both offered in color coded and black/white)
- 5 Example Essays (3 black/ white, 2 color coded)
- Teacher Rubric (2/ page)
- Student Friendly Rubric
- Student Friendly Checklist
- Outline of Organizer for students who need additional support
I hope these resources help. Please leave feedback, so that I can continue to improve these resources. Thanks.