- Build content-area literacy as you explore Italy with the three engaging activities and three colorful photo posters in the Discovering Italy Activity Pack. Cross-Curricular Activities Included:How to Make a Pizza is a cut-and-glue sequencing activity.The Legend of Romulus and Remus is a fill-in-the
- If you’re looking for a resource that provides an overview of the country of Italy, then Snapshots of Italy is just the right size. Like all books in the Snapshots of the World series, it includes a world map showing the country’s location, the national flag, cultural symbols and landmarks, common p
- Beginning language studies not only enrich multicultural learning, but also have a positive impact on reading fluency and comprehension. Learn to Count in Italian is a great way to introduce the official language of Italy. Each book in the Learn to Count language series includes a phonetic pronuncia
- Beginning language studies not only enrich multicultural learning, but also have a positive impact on reading fluency and comprehension. Our Colorful World in Italian is the perfect way to introduce the official language of Italy. Each book in the Our Colorful World language series includes a color
Take an in-depth look at the symbols, language, geography, art, and traditions of Italy—at a savings of 25%—with the books, activities, and poster in the .
Book Resources Included:
- introduces the location, national flag, cultural symbols, and landmarks of Italy, along with common phrases in Italian.
- Introduce the official language with , a book that features fun facts, traceable number words, and two activity pages.
- Follow-up with , a mini coloring book that includes a color chart.
Cross-Curricular Activities Included:
- is a cut-and-glue sequencing activity.
- is a fill-in-the-blank story about the founding of Rome.
- challenges students to use critical thinking skills as they complete a crossword puzzle based on a map of Italy.
- highlights eight different types of pasta.
- is an 11 x 17 inch poster that illustrates six cultural symbols with colorful photographs.
- features six iconic Italian foods.
Italian Words and Phrases: (includes phonetic pronunciations)
addio (goodbye), bel paese (beautiful country), calcio (football), ciao (hello), grazie (thank you), no (no), per favore (please), si (yes)
Additional Vocabulary Words and Phrases:
ancient, century, basil, bell tower, Colosseum, Eternal City, elaborate, Europe, folktale, fresco, gondola, Leaning Tower of Pisa, legend, Michelangelo, mozzarella, Remus, Romulus, scaffolding, scooter, Seven Wonders, tilt, tourist, tricolor, unique, vertical, Vespa
- Promoting respect and appreciation for cultural differences
- Identifying national and cultural symbols of Italy
- Writing color names and number words in Italian
- Defining the characteristics of a folktale
- Placing events in sequential order
- Reading a map
- Using a compass rose to locate place on a map
- Building content-area literacy in social studies
- Critical thinking skills of comparing, contrasting, and analysis
- Reading fluency and comprehension
Sample Pages: Please see the preview for sample pages from the bundle. To view additional images, click on the thumbnails listed above.
Technical Info: The resources are in PDF format, combined into a single zip file, and illustrated with original, high-resolution images and/or photographs.
Countries/Languages Currently Available in the Exploring Our World bundle series:
Brazil (Portuguese), China (Chinese), Egypt (Arabic), France (French), Ghana (Twi), India (Hindi), Israel (Hebrew), Italy (Italian), Japan (Japanese), Kenya (Swahili), Mexico (Spanish), Russia (Russian)
Connect with Let’s Get Real
Visit My Store: Click here to see all of the Let’s Get Real topics and resources. Look for the category list on the left side of the home page.
Facebook: Click here to follow me on the Let’s Get Real Facebook page for weekly posts about teaching strategies and resources.
Pinterest: Click here to check out the Let’s Get Real Pinterest boards for more ways to enrich your teaching themes.
What kinds of resources does Let’s Get Real offer?
Let’s Get Real take-home books and learning center resources focus on content-area literacy, that is, helping children gain the specialized science and social studies vocabulary that enables them to excel in reading fluency and comprehension. In addition, all Let’s Get Real resources are illustrated with realistic, original images and/or photographs.
How can I see what you offer or know when you’ve added new materials?
Click on the star to the right of this description (under my pic) OR click on my store link (above), then click on the star at the top of the page to follow Let’s Get Real. You’ll be the first to know about new materials, sales, and freebies. To view the resources by science/social studies topics, look to the left on the store page, under the heading Custom Categories.
What are TPT credits and how do I get them?
Every time you provide feedback for a purchase, TPT gives you 1 credit for each dollar you’ve spent. After you’ve used (and hopefully loved!) a resource, hover on your picture at the top of the page and open the “My Account” tab. Click on your “My Purchases” category. You should see a list of your purchases with a “Provide Feedback” button for each one. Just click the button and you’ll be taken to a page where you can rate the product and leave a comment for me. You can apply the credits you earn to any future purchases and I always appreciate your positive feedback.
What do I do if I have a question about or problem with a resource?
You can always contact me through the product Q & A tab, located at the bottom of the product description.
Please “share the love” by telling others how much you like Let’s Get Real products; but please don’t share the copyright. Each Let’s Get Real resource—including graphics and illustrations—is copyrighted by Dr. J/Teaching Texas LLC and may not be redistributed, sold, or placed on the internet. This resource is for one teacher-use only. Thank you so much for your support!