Teach your students how to write a summary of ANY type of reading using the IVF Summary Statement. This product follows the Step up to Writing format,and shows students how to write a topic sentence (their summary statement), and then how to add details or facts and explanations to support the topic sentence.
Product includes a variety of graphic organizers (T-charts, and dots and dashes), multiple interactive notebook pages to choose from, colored and black and white pages, samples, teacher lesson plans, and teacher directions.
The IVF Summary lesson plans are intended for 4th or 5th grade students, and includes the CCSS standards for 4th and 5th grades, but can easily be adapted for 2nd - 6th grade students as well. This product is intended to enhance your existing Step up to Writing tools and curriculum, not to replace it.
How the product is intended for use:
- Begin by using the Interactive Notebook to teach students how to write IVF Summaries. Then use the graphic organizers to help your students turn their sentence into a paragraph or multiple paragraph essay. Since there are many graphic organizers to choose from, you can use these for ANY type of reading: narrative, informative, poetry, dramas, plays, etc. The graphic organizers come as T-charts and dots and dashes.
Just because the product is intended for the above usage, does not mean you HAVE to use it that way! Feel free to include a description of how you used it in the classroom when you leave feedback!
Can also be used for reteaching / reengaging and extra practice.
Download the preview to check it out!
DON'T MISS THESE FREEBIES!
- Context Clues Anchor Chart
- Context Clues Graphic Organizer
- Speeding Tickets
- Using Commas Center
- Sentence Types Interactive Notebook
- Teacher Binder Calendars
OTHER GREAT PRODUCTS:
- Behavior Documentation Forms for Teacher Binder
- Bridal Shower Activities for Students
- Classroom Jobs Lanyard Tags
- Facebook Page Worksheet - Back to School
- Fully Editable Teacher Binder with Updates - Polka Dots and Chevron Theme
- Physical and Chemical Weathering Demonstration and Science Experiment
- Reading Rubrics / Reading Evaluations Bundle
- Science Units Bundle - Examining Cells, Classifying Fingerprints, Sound, and more!
- Spelling Test Paper (25 words)
- Step up to Writing ELA Bundle
- Step up to Writing Resources
- Step up to Writing - Writing a Personal Narrative - ELA Bundle
- Student Observation Checklist 1 - Teacher or Administrator
- Tale of Despereaux Unit - ELA Reading Comprehension , Vocab, and more!
ALL NEW PRODUCTS DEBUT AT 20% OFF FOR MY FOLLOWERS!
Look for and click the ★ GREEN STAR ★
next to my store logo at the top right corner of this page to become a follower. This will allow you to be notified each time I debut a new product or FREEBIE!
If you would like to get updates on new and current resources, plus my latest FREEBIES...
- Follow me on FACEBOOK
- Tweet me on TWITTER
- Collaborate with me on PINTEREST
Have you ever thought of selling your own products on Teachers Pay Teachers?
to sign-up and start making money!
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
Purchasing and/or downloading this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional license.