Add a cool twist to math centers with this ice cream themed activity. Kindergarteners or first graders can practice adding and subtracting to 20 while playing this fun game. This center works great for an end of year Ice Cream Day or for summer learning.
Students match scoops of ice cream (4 per set) with addition/subtraction equations to the ice cream cone with the correct total. For added fun, store the game materials in an empty ice cream box.
This math center includes:
- 45 game pieces (9 ice cream cones and 36 scoops of ice cream)
- Recording Sheets (colored and blackline) with Answer Key
- Teacher and Student direction sheets
- Bonus ideas for whole group
- Blanks for differentiation and ink-saving
Looking for more Addition and Subtraction
math centers? Try some of my favorites:
Build A Burger Math: Adding 3 Numbers
Ocean Word Problems with QR Codes
Rockstar Addition & Subtraction Clip Cards
Space Race Doubles & Doubles +1
K's Classroom Kreations