Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
LET’S EAT FEELINGS ICE CREAM!
Are you looking for the perfect product that can be used as an icebreaker, get-to-know-you activity, AND emotional identification game - all in one? Here it is!
There are so many ways to use this activity – in centers, small groups, individually, and whole group lessons (on a projector!) My favorite way to use this activity is for students to place their adorable "player" next to the ice cream stand or truck (whichever they choose to play with!) and take turns choosing scenario cards. The educator can read the scenario card aloud to early readers and more confident readers can read the scenarios themselves. Then, the educator asks "What kind of ice cream are you eating today?" The student then grabs the ice cream cone(s) that matches how they would feel in that scenario and serves it to their player by placing it in their hands. So, if the card reads, "You won Student of the Month!" then the student may say they're eating "happy, "surprised," "joyful," or "excited" ice cream and place one or more of those ice cream cones in their player's hands. Each scenario may elicit more than one feeling and there are no right or wrong answers! Students learn emotional identification while also opening up and sharing how the scenarios relate to their own lives! The product includes:
• 2 (1 boy and 1 girl) precious Educlips "players" (ice cream kids!)
• 11 feelings ice cream cones (with an Educlips ice cream cone emoticon and matching feeling label on the cone)
• 36 scenario cards plus blank editable scenario cards for you to type in or you or your student(s) to handwrite your own ideas!
• "How Do You FEEL Today?" ice cream cone emoticon poster
• All items available in full color AND black/white!
• Easy-to-use clickable PowerPoint!
THE 11 EMOTIONS/FEELINGS INCLUDED ARE:
I hope that your students enjoy and benefit from this game as much as mine did!
★ Like what you see? Follow me on social media! ★