Icebreaker Activities Bundle
Bundle of two best selling icebreaker activities:
The following is a decision making activity that promotes class discussion and critical thinking. You are on the bio-ethical committee of a hospital that just received a liver that is suitable for transplant. You need to make a decision about who should get the liver. Five candidates have been placed at the top of the liver transplant list because without a liver transplant within the next 48 hours, they will die of their liver disease. You have certain facts about each person. You must:
1. Discuss each and every person on the list to be sure you are aware of who they are and what their circumstances are.
2. Decide on what criteria you will use to decide who ought to get the liver
3. Choose a person to get the liver.
4. Write an argument explaining your decision – the argument should indicate both why you chose this person and why you rejected the others
5. Present your decision to the class along with the reasons for your decision.
Excellent icebreaker activity! After a nuclear war, 12 people are trapped in a fallout shelter but there isn’t enough food and supplies for all of them – only 7 can stay. Individually and then in small groups, students must use critical thinking and problem solving skills to determine which 7 should stay. The Fallout Shelter is perfect as a first day activity, or as a fun activity at any time during the year!
Save 20% when purchasing this bundle compared to purchasing both products separately!
There are 4 files included:
This product can easily be modified to fit a longer or shorter class period. Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns, no matter how small. I want you to be totally clear on what you are getting when you purchase from my store.
Please follow me to receive notifications about newly uploaded products. Please rate this product after purchase! Thank you so much!