Also included in
- COUNTRIES IN FOCUS:A BUNDLE OF RESOURCES ON COUNTRIES OF THE WORLD WEBQUESTSRUSSIA SWITZERLAND CHINA ICELAND GREECE ITALYINDIABRAZILAUSTRALIAIRELANDIntroduce young people to these 10 countries of the world with these different webquest. Additionally extension activities, links and the key are includ$36.50$38.80Save $2.30
Want to introduce your students to different countries of the world? My Country in Focus series, highlights a country with a web quest, some fun facts and some extension activities. The first in the series is Iceland. It would be a great one day activity for before a vacation or for an enrichment activity.
You may find these other Countries in Focus of interest:
1. Russia: This webquest of 10 questions will enable young people to learn lots of information on the country of Russia! Extension activities, resources, fun facts,key. Skills include:reading for information and using research/computer skills. Russia, A Webquest
2. Australia: Want to introduce your students to different countries of the world? My Country in Focus series, highlights a country with a web quest, some fun facts and some extension activities. There is also a mapskill activity. Try Australia. I also have a Country in Focus on Switzerland,India and Iceland. It would be a great one day activity for before a vacation, for an enrichment activity or for a substitute.
Did you know that a Swiss man named Bertrand Piccard was the first person to circumnavigate the earth in a hot-air balloon? Did you know that the first chocolate bar was made in Switzerland back in 1819? Learn more about this mountainous country with this informative webquest on Switzerland!
Mapwork, 9 web questions, extension activities and key...
Want to introduce your students to different countries of the world? My Country in Focus series, highlights a country with a web quest, some fun facts and some extension activities. It would be a great one day activity for before a vacation or for an enrichment activity. Switzerland, Country in Focus Webquest
4. India:Country in Focus,is a web quest, with additional fun facts and extension activities. Did you know that it was ancient India which gave the world the idea of the zero? The game Chutes and Ladders comes from an Indian board game. More people speak English in India than in the United States? Skills include:reading for information and using research/computer skills. India, Country in Focus Webquest
5. Greece: Use this informative web quest as an introduction to the country of Greece. Greece, Country in Focus Webquest
6. China: A great resource that helps develop skills such as reading for information and using research and computer skills. This web quest gives students an overview to the country: map skills, info on panda bears, Great Wall, Terra Cotta Solders-more. Extension activities/key (12 page resource with 10 informational web questions).China, A Country in Focus Webquest
Learn about the country of Brazil with this informational web quest. There is also a map skill activity and fun facts. Additionally, there is a teacher page with extension activities and additional links.
Although the map skill/webquest can be completed in one session, if you opt to do the extension activity, additional days could be used. Brazil, Country in Focus-A Webquest <2016 Olympics will be held in Brazil!)
ALSO, CHECK OUT MY READING PASSAGE on ICELAND.
Part of my new series, World Passport, students learn about Iceland reading a diary from a young person visiting a country of the world. There are five diary entries sharing the culture, famous places and some language of the country, in this case, Iceland.
The resource includes a Did You Know section, a map skill activity, comprehension questions, a teacher section with extension activities and the key. Iceland, A Reading Passage
Perhaps, you might like to follow my TpT Store. Click by the green star by my photograph. I send monthly notes and have specials from time to time.