This preparation is based on the realistic fiction 'Ida B) that can be found in the 5th Grade Reading Wonders Anthology ( Unit 5 Week 1).
It has the following -
1. 10 story questions ( blanks)
2. 10 story questions ( answer key)
3. 2 di folds ( 2 pages)
4. 4 pages of story elements activity
5. Summary writing
6. Think/Pair/Share activity
7. The 'Who Said What' game activity based on the story
8. Genre activity ( discussion and explanation)
9. Think alouds
10. Character feelings activity in different settings ( 3 pages)
11. Text to self writing prompt
12. Author's purpose activity
13. Story map activity
14. Vocabulary - match synonyms with words chart
You have a lot of resources to help to teach this reading selection in an engaging and creative way. Your students will enjoy it!
You can use this preparation during guided reading, literacy centers, assessments, close reading or in any way you choose.
The preparation has elements of Bloom's taxonomy and meets the requirements of the Common Core Standards.