Also included in
- Here's a complete unit for Middle School students on how to how to analyze how and why characters and ideas develop and interact over the course of a text (R.CCR.3)! It includes everything the teacher needs to Teach, Reteach & Enrich with built-in differentiation!All the work is done! Just make$19.99$23.95Save $3.96
- Here's a complete unit for Middle School students on how to make nonfiction inferences based on R.CCR.3: Analyze how and why ideas develop and interact over the course of a text! It includes everything a teacher needs to Teach, Reteach & Enrich with built-in differentiation!All the work is don$11.99$13.97Save $1.98
- Help your middle school students practice using the 8 different reading skills using project based learning menus! Student choice increases engagement which causes students to remember more information.After you teach each concept, use the processing menus to help students practice with that inform$39.99$49.90Save $9.91
- Use this bundle all year long to teach your middle school students all 8 Reading Anchor Standards! Your students will learn how to USE each reading skill to ANALYZE text and each unit comes with BUILT-IN differentiation using the teach-reteach-enrich concept!All the work is done, just make the copi$119.99$133.71Save $13.72
- Use this bundle all year long to teach your middle school students all 8 Reading Anchor Standards! Your students will learn how to USE each reading skill to ANALYZE text and each paper-based unit comes with BUILT-IN differentiation using the teach-reteach-enrich concept!All the work is done, just ma$215.50$269.41Save $53.91
Help your Middle School students practice what they have learned about how to analyze idea development with this set! Students will use their knowledge to process key skills with a new text, take a quiz, and then either participate in re-teaching or enriching!
★ Processing task cards based on "High Court Reviews Insanity-Defense Case". (link is provided.)
This text is at a slightly higher level than the grade levels for which these notes are intended. This is because research has shown that texts with a little bit of a challenge is important if reading growth is expected. So while the texts may be a bit more challenging for a regular 6th grader, it is definitely within reach with some scaffolding. However, they are right on target for 7th and 8th graders. I think students will see it as a compliment when they are trusted with a more rigorous text.
★ A quiz with answer key to determine which students need more practice and which students are ready for enrichment.
★ Quiz includes an original text
★ A menu labeled "Enhancement" for those students who score below 80% on the quiz and need more practice.
★ A review video to complement the enhancement menu that can be placed on any password protected school learning management system like Google Classroom or Canvas
★ A menu labeled "Enrichment" for those students who score 80% or better.
★ Graphic Organizers and materials that match the menus
★ ANSWER KEYS
The entire process of practicing, assessing and reteaching/enriching would probably take up to 5 days to complete but when you're done you will have differentiated the process and the product for all your students!
Let's keep in touch!
© Mrs. Spangler in the Middle (Elizabeth [Lisa] Spangler) All rights reserved by the author.
Thanks and Enjoy!