Also included in
- Need QUICK and EASY ideas for brain breaks to use with your students? This set of over 130 brain breaks will last throughout the whole year and are perfect to use with your elementary students!! These brain break activities are great to use for short breaks in classrooms, during transitions, e-lear$9.95$13.50Save $3.55
Need QUICK and EASY ideas for brain breaks to use with your students? This set includes 60 brain break activities and is perfect to use with your elementary students! These are great to use for short breaks in classrooms, during transitions, e-learning, homeschooling, or homework time. Expand "Ideas for Brain Breaks Starter Set" by checking out the Ideas for Brain Breaks Bundle which includes brain break activities for every season!
What are brain breaks?
Brain breaks are short pauses taken throughout a student’s study time. They provide a mental break from focusing, which allows for processing time, helping the student to solidify their learning. These breaks range from 3 to 5 minutes.
How to use brain breaks?
- Our brain breaks are color-coded so they are easy to use. The yellow cards include mental and mindfulness activities, while the red cards provide physical activities.
- A title card is included as well as a blank sheet so that you can add your own brain break activities.
- Print, cut, and you are ready to go!
- These cards fit perfectly in a note card box for storage or on a ring.
- Randomly select a card from the stack or intentionally choose an activity for your students.
Why use brain breaks?
This short time is beneficial to students by providing a period to relax from stress or frustration, as well as time to energize, stimulating blood, and oxygen to move to the brain. The overall benefits to students are increased attention and productivity!
When to use brain breaks?
Generally, the most effective time to take a brain break for early elementary students is after 10-20 minutes of concentrated study while upper elementary students can focus for 20-30 minutes.
Thank you for your interest! Please look for the green star by the pink LLX2 circle and click it to become a follower. You then will receive updates about our products and new releases!
Please take a moment to leave a review, not only do we love hearing feedback from our customers, you will get TPT credit to use on future purchases!
Follow Lessons Learned x 2 on:
Copyright © Lessons Learned x 2. All rights reserved by authors. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.