Included in this zip folder are 7 PDF assignment files. The 12 parent functions analyzed in these files are:
1. The division function, y=1/x
2. The identity function, y=x
3. The square root function, y=sqrtx
4. The squaring function, y=x^2
5. The cubing function, y=x^3
6. The natural log function, y=lnx
7. The exponential function, y=e^x
8. The greatest integer function, y=intx
9. The sine function, y=sinx
10. The cosine function, y=cosx
11. The absolute value function, y=absx
12. The logistic function, y=1/(1+e^-x)
Assignment file #1 is free in the preview download. It gives the equation and graph of y=x, y=x^2, y=1/x and y=e^x. The student must respond to the following 15 questions about each function:
1. Right end behavior?
2. Left end behavior?
3. Is 0 in the domain?
4. Is 0 in the range?
5. Is the domain all real numbers?
6. Is the range all real numbers?
7. Is the function bounded above?
8. Is the function bounded below?
9. Is the function continuous?
10. Is the functions symmetric about the y axis (even)?
11. Is the function symmetric about the origin (odd)?
12. Does the function have an asymptote?
13. Does the function increase about its entire domain?
14. Is the inverse of the function a function?
15. Describe the intervals of increase and decrease.
Assignment file #2 is like $1 with the functions y=lnx, y=sqrtx, y=absx and y=1/(1+e^-x).
Assignment file #3 is like #1 with the functions y=x^3, y=cosx, y=sinx, and y=intx.
Assignment file #4 is a 24 question multiple choice and multiple answer assignment. The student has to identify the graph of these 12 parent functions as well identify some of the characteristics from assignments #1 through #3. It is on 1 page for easy printing.
Assignment file #5 is a 24 question multiple choice and multiple answer assignment much like file #4. It is on 1 page for easy printing.
Assignment file #6 is a 24 question multiple choice assignment. The student is asked to identify functions and to recognize the characteristics of the functions. It is on 1 page for easy printing.
Assignment file #7 is like files #1 - #3. The 4 functions analyzed are:
The student must answer the 15 questions for secant, cosecant, tangent and cotangent.
Thank you for looking