Identifying the difference between claims and statements can be difficult for students. This free resource is an easy and effective way to help students work through claims versus statements.
You can have students not only identify the statements vs. the claims on this handout, but you could also have students justify their reasoning why.
For your convenience, we've also included an answer key. Enjoy this free resource!
This resource is a part of a larger, Claims + Evidence Activities in Argumentative Writing Resource. Grab this best seller by CLICKING HERE!
YOU WILL ALSO LOVE:
- READING RESOURCES BUNDLE FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL
- READING RESPONSE CHOICE BOARD
- INFORMATIONAL TEXT READING RESPONSE CHOICE BOARD
- EVIDENCE GRAPHIC ORGANIZER
- DOUBLE-ENTRY JOURNAL READING ACTIVITY
Follow us on Facebook
for sales and all things Middle School ELA!