I created this activity to be used with my social skills / pragmatic language groups. It addresses social skills at school! This product includes both color and black/white versions.
This is 2 activities in one!
ACTIVITY # 1
This activity targets (1) Perspective taking and (2) identifying APPROPRIATE and INAPPROPRIATE behaviors when given a social situation.
- Cover page with directions
- Egg carton label
- 12 social situation mini-cards
- Appropriate vs Inappropriate Social Behavior flashcards
In addition to the download, you will need:
- 12 plastic Easter eggs
- An egg carton to hold the eggs
Activity Set Up:
1. Download, print, and cut out the 12 mini-cards. Laminate if desired. (I do not suggest laminating the mini-cards because you will be folding them and sticking them inside the eggs)
2. Put one mini-card inside each plastic egg.
3. Glue the egg carton label to the top of your egg carton.
4. Put the 12 eggs into the carton.
Students take turns selecting an egg, opening it, and reading the card inside. Students are instructed to state (1) How the characters feel (2) Whether the behaviors were appropriate or inappropriate
ARTICULATION BONUS: You will notice that all of the characters in the stories on the mini-cards have names that begin with R. This is because I have some articulation students in my social skills groups and they are working on the /r/ sound. This way, I can target their goal for production of /r/ at the same time!
This is a sorting activity.
1. Print, cut, and laminate the egg cards. Each egg card gives an example of appropriate or inappropriate behavior.
2. Sort the cards into two piles!
Also includes certificates to pass out to students!
Please leave feedback and follow me on Instagram @ThePeachieSpeechie or Facebook and check out my blog and apparel shop at www.PeachieSpeechie.com for more fun classroom ideas.
14 pages: 7 color and 7 black and white
You will also love our Social Skills Deck!
Sign up for the Peachie Speechie Newsletter!
You'll be glad you did :)