This download includes 32 feelings flashcards & 2 blank face pages to help teach students on the Austism Spectrum how to identify the feelings sad and happy in pictures and faces.
Feelings flashcards inclue 3 sets of the following images:
• Mayer Johnson Boardmaker symbols
• Clip Art
• Actual Photographs
Mayer Johnson Boardmaker symbols and clip art flashcards can be used to introduce identifying the feelings happy vs. sad and then the actual photographs to learn the more difficult task of discriminating between the two feelings in human faces.
1. Sort cards by feelings- discuss the characteristics that determine answer (e.g. “how do you know this face is sad?”)
• Go Fish: Student must describe face using appropriate feelings
vocabulary (e.g. man, crying, smile, laughing)
• Memory: match feeling instead of actual picture
• Using blank faces- have student select one feelings flashcard
and draw a matching face on the blank face page- start with
boardmaker and clip art flashcards as they are easier to identify
and copy and move on to actual faces when those have been