In this handout, students are asked to read examples provided and identify which types of figurative language exist. (Alliteration, Personification, Simile, Metaphor, Hyperbole, Onomatopoeia, and Imagery). This is a great way to assess what students already know about figurative language or a great review after you have taught this lesson.
Other Figurative Language Resources:
- Identifying Figurative Language FREEBIE
- Writing A Free Verse Poem Activity FREEBIE
- Figurative Language Match Cards Activity
- Identifying Idioms: An "I Have Who Has" Game!
- Identifying Irony
- Identifying Oxymorons & Idioms
- Identifying Irony Game!
- Figurative Language FREEBIE: Similes & Metaphors
- Figurative Language "I Have Who Has" Game"