Products in this Bundle (6)
showing 1-5 of 6 products
There are a lot of different reading strategies you can teach your students to help them identify the main idea of a nonfiction text. This reading bundle includes six reading resources that will help your students learn how to identify the main idea of nonfiction texts.
*Click on each resource to preview what's included.
**All of these resources are included in The Stellar Teacher Reading Membership.
- Main Idea Small Group Lesson Plans and Passages - Includes 12 small group lesson plan sets complete with lesson plan, reading passage, strategy card, comprehension questions, and graphic organizers - everything you need to teach an effective small group lesson.
- Main Idea Reading Task Cards - Includes 20 reading task cards. Each task card is short (just a half a page) and includes graphic organizers and comprehension questions as part of the response options.
- Differentiated Reading Passages for Main Idea - Each text included in this set is written at three different reading levels so regardless of the grade you are teaching, you can give your students the level that will best meet their instructional needs. This way you can be confident they can read the text and really focus on the comprehension skill you want them to practice... in this case, identifying the main idea.
- Reading Passages and Comprehension Questions - Get 12 reading passages that are aligned to the skill of identifying the main idea. Each passage also has a response template with a graphic organizer and comprehension questions. This is a great set for homework, independent practice or even to use as an assessment.
- Picture of the Day to Practice Identifying Main Idea - Get 10 pictures that include prompts to help students identify the main idea and supporting details. Students will get practice "reading the picture" which will give them confidence in their ability to apply this reading skill to their independent reading as well.
- Main Idea Reading Response Activities - These fun and engaging response activities, question stems, worksheets, and choice boards are exactly what you wed to help your students learn how to identify and understand the main idea of non-fiction texts.
Copyright © The Stellar Teacher Co. LLC
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.