With these handouts, students will identify common oxymorons and idioms. For the oxymoron handout, students will be given half of the oxymoron phrase and students must use the word bank to select the best word to complete the oxymoron. Because oxymorons are composed of contradictory words, students have to think about opposite meanings to complete this worksheet. For the idiom handout, students will be given an idiom and students will write the meaning. Students will also be asked to write idioms based off of a meaning that the handout gives them. Key included!
Other Figurative Language Resources:
- Writing A Free Verse Poem Activity FREEBIE
- Identifying Figurative Language
- Figurative Language Match Cards Activity
- Identifying Figurative Language-FREEBIE!
- Identifying Idioms: An "I Have Who Has" Game!
- Identifying Irony
- Identifying Irony Game!
- Figurative Language FREEBIE: Similes & Metaphors
- Figurative Language "I Have Who Has" Game"