Identifying Place Value
This resource uses a variety of instructional materials designed to teach 4th grade students about place value concepts - task cards, extra practice printables, foldables, and an assessment. “Identifying Place Value” is aligned with the following Common Core standard in Numbers and Base Ten Operations:
- Recognize that in a multi-digit whole number, a digit in one place represents ten times what it represents in the place to its right.
Included in this product:
• Summary with teaching and printing suggestions
• 40 Task Cards – color and an identical B&W version with 4 question types
• Answer Key Cards – print on back of task cards as a self-checking option
• Answer Sheet and Full-Page Answer Key
• 4 Extra Practice Printables and Keys – one page for each question type
• Assessment and Key – integrates all 4 question types
• Vocabulary Foldable – digit, period, and place value
• Place Value Chart Interactive Foldable
This resource would be great in learning centers, during small group instruction, or as a Response to Intervention (RtI) lesson. You can also use the task cards with the whole class and play SCOOT or Switch!
Looking for more Common Core math resources?
• Read and Write Numbers
• Compare and Order Numbers
• Rounding Numbers
• Factors and Multiples
THIS RESOURCE IS ALSO OFFERED AS PART OF A BUNDLE: Place Value and Rounding Bundle!
Happy Teaching ~ The Reflective Educator
place value, numbers and operations, digits, math, task cards, center activities, RTI activities, printables, foldables