This bundle combines 3 of my quadrilateral resources so you will have a variety of worksheets, cut and paste activities, games, and task cards to help your students build a better understanding of quadrilaterals. The quadrilaterals addressed in this bundle are squares, rectangles, trapezoids, parallelograms, and rhombuses.
Save over 20% off when you buy the bundle!
The bundle includes the following resources:
Identifying Quadrilaterals - Building Understanding of Quadrilateral Attributes
Included in this resource:
1. Math Vocabulary Review: a cut and paste activity to review right angles, a cut and paste activity to review parallel lines, and a maze activity to develop the understanding that quadrilaterals have 4 sides
2. Building Understanding of Quadrilaterals: activities to help students understand the properties of quadrilaterals. Each quadrilateral has 2 pages of activities. The activities build no each other, requiring students to use what they have already learned in order to complete the activities.
3. Review: 2 activities that have students practice what they have learned about all 5 quadrilaterals. Includes a "Find Somebody Who" and an art integration activity.
4. Assessment: Assess what students have learned about squares, rectangles, trapezoids, parallelograms, and rhombuses.
5. Answer Keys and a Grading Rubric
Quadrilateral Centers and Games - Quadrilateral Sort,Mazes, and 4 In a Row Game
This resource includes 3 different games/centers that get students thinking about the attributes of different quadrilaterals. The quadrilaterals practiced in these games are squares, rectangles, parallelograms, rhombuses, and trapezoids.
First Game/Center: Quadrilateral Mazes
Students complete the maze by shading in a given quadrilateral. Students are required to think about the attributes of certain shapes in order to complete the mazes. For example, the parallelogram maze requires students to know that parallelograms are any quadrilateral with 2 pairs of parallel sides. Students must shade in all of the shapes that have these attributes (including squares, rectangles, and rhombuses).
A student recording sheet is also provided to help hold students accountable and to help you assess their thinking.
There are 5 different mazes included, one for each shape covered in this resource (squares, rectangles, parallelograms, rhombuses, and trapezoids). An answer key is included.
This is a no prep game.
Second Game/Center: Quadrilateral Sort
Students must sort attributes and examples of quadrilaterals into 5 groups – squares, rectangles, parallelograms, rhombuses, and trapezoids. Students are required to think carefully about the different attributes of the quadrilaterals in order to complete the sort.
A student recording sheet is provided that requires students to think even further about the attributes of the quadrilaterals. This game can be completely independently, with partners, or with small groups.
An answer key is also provided. This center requires a little prep - cutting out quadrilateral sort cards. Laminate this game for repeated use and durability.
Third Game/Center: Quadrilateral 4 In a Row
This is a 2 player game. Students create a spinner using a pencil and a paperclip. They spin the paperclip, see what shape it lands on, and shade in that shape on the game board. The first person to shade in 4 shapes in a row is the winner.
A student recording sheet is included to help hold students accountable for completing this center.
This game can be no prep - just print and provide students with a pencil and paperclip. However, you could also laminate the game boards for repeated use.
A grading rubric is also provided that can be used to assess any of the centers. The rubric assesses students' understanding of quadrilaterals as well as their behavior while completing the centers.
Quadrilateral Task Cards - Properties of Quadrilaterals
This resource includes 32 task cards with questions about the following quadrilaterals: squares, rectangles, trapezoids, parallelograms, and rhombuses. Students are asked to draw certain quadrilaterals, identify quadrilaterals with certain properties, explain the differences and similarities between certain quadrilaterals, and more.
Included in this resource:
1. 32 Quadrilateral Task Cards
2. Student Answer Sheet
3. Answer Keys and a Grading Rubric
4. Ideas for Using Task Cards
The preview shows everything included in this bundle.
Kalena Baker, Teaching Made Practical