This is a leveled activity pack. Within this activity, students will be presented with 8 different rhyming words in which they have to identify the 4 sets that rhyme. Each level contains 5 different groups of words that can be used with the same worksheet template for students to practice the skill over the course of a week to aide in understanding and ensure mastery. I created this for my 8:1:1 K-2 Special Education class to introduce rhyming within our poetry unit but this can be used or adapted within multiple settings.
This activity is differentiated on 5 levels as listed below:
1) 2x2 squares with large visual cues and color coding to aide in matching. Words are mostly nouns to make it easier for non-readers to still identify the word from the visual.
2) 2x2 squares with large visual cues, no color coding.
3) Word strips with a small visual cue to cut and paste in order to match.
4) Tracing strips with a small visual cue to cut and paste in order to match.
5) Word Bank with small visual cues where students write the word independently by copying the choices from the word bank.
Words used within each day's activity:
Day 1) bug, rug, fan, man, cat, hat, pig, dig
Day 2) truck, duck, rat, bat, sun, run, fish, dish
Day 3) fall, ball, pot, hot, fire, tire, car, star
Day 4) red, bed, box, fox, mouse, house, sock, clock
Day 5) chair, hair, pen, ten, hose, nose, boat, goat