Does art that expresses “difference” engender empathy or ridicule? In this unit students explore artwork that challenges cultural norms. Students then make artworks that reveal or conceal something about their identity.
This unit includes:
- Studio and Electronic Assessment Portfolio components
- Unit Objectives, Enduring Understandings, Essential Questions
- Suggested timeline outline with an introduction to each component
- Assessment rubrics with Common Core Anchor Standards/8 Studio Habits alignment
- Links to Online Supporting Resources
- Student Pack folder with all electronic student handouts
- Teacher notes and hints based on practical experience from teaching these units
NOTE: THIS UNIT CONTAINS MATERIAL THAT SOME SCHOOLS MAY FIND CONTROVERSIAL.
You can preview the main video that supports this unit before purchase by following this link:
Identity - Gender, Herstory and Heritage