This download includes a handout / review of Idiomatic Expressions using the verb TENER, a writing practice worksheet, and two fill-in-the-blank worksheets for practice and / or self-assessment.
The handout can be used when you introduce TENER or as a review. The handout provides the Spanish subject pronouns, the present tense forms of the verb TENER, and sample sentences.
The handout also includes 16 useful and high frequency idiomatic expressions with examples. This handout will be a great addition to the materials that you currently use, especially as you review for unit assessments or exams.
The writing worksheet provides 5 photos and enough space for students to write simple or complex sentences using the idiomatic expressions contained in the lesson. If desired, you can allow students to write about each photo or you can organize students into groups and assign one photo per group.
The first worksheet contains 25 simple sentences that revolve around friends and school. Students are instructed to read the sentences and to fill in the blanks with the correct forms of the verb TENER.
The second worksheet is similar to the first and also provides 25 sentences. This worksheet is thematically centered around "Mi Familia".
I have also included a word search that you can use as a reward, brain break, or for Fun Friday activities. This word search contains the present, preterite, imperfect, AND future forms of the verb TENER as well as words that are used with tener in idiomatice expressions (sed, hambre, prisa, suerte, etc.)
I have also infused numerous other Spanish vocabulary words to make this more broadly applicable for your classes. All 20 Spanish countries are listed and many of the interrogative words. My idea is that continued exposure to these words will boost their sight recognition during pleasurable activities.
These materials have several applications.
1. It is a valuable handout for the TENER lesson,
2. It supports student writing development and allows for differentiation,
3. The handout is also a great reference tool that can be used throughout students' study of Spanish,
4. It can be used for team building and collaboration activities
5. If students are asked to share their responses orally, it also provides an opportunity for speaking and reading practice,
6. The worksheet and key can be included in your substitute teacher lesson plans.