Are you having trouble getting your students to understand and use idioms? It can be a real struggle! This product can help. Your students will be exposed to 22 popular idioms using passages with built in inferences. They will even be given the opportunity to create their own Idiom and use it in their writing, which is a much needed application of this figurative language skill.
This product can be stretched out over the course of a year, spiraling the skills and reusing idioms in different formats.
Here are the contents of this product:
• 22 Idiom Picture Cards With Idiom Labeled (2 per page)
• 22 Idiom Picture Cards Without Label (2 per page)
• 22 Mini Passages/Picture Students use clues to determine meaning of idiom. (2 per page)
• 22 Writing Activities ~ Identify the Idiom and explain it.
• 22 Writing Activities ~ Include Idiom in personal writing and give clues about its true meaning.
• Idiom Research ~ Find an idiom that has not been discussed by your teacher and use it in writing
• Creative Writing ~ Create and draw your own Idiom and use it in writing.
Notice: This product has the same Mini Passages include in Making Inferences with Idioms. If you have purchased that product, some of the pages will be duplicates.
If you only want the inferring mini passages, click below.
Making Inferences with Idioms
Other Product You Might Like:
Feelings and Emotions ~ Posters with Definitions and Examples ~ Venn Diagrams
Passport Around the World ~ A Fun Way to Learn About Different Cultures
Traditional Literature ~ Fables ~ Fairy Tales ~ Folk Tales Primary Grades
Sensory Poetry Activities and Craftivities A Fun Poetry Unit