This Idioms Notebook is a great way to get your students to understand 40 of the most common idioms in the English language!
Students will practice using the idioms by writing their meanings and putting them in sentences. There are four sets of ten idioms and each set contains two types assessments!
This product Includes:
- Idiom Notebook cover page
- Idioms Notebook pages (2 different options) - Print as many as needed
- Set #1 of Idioms: all thumbs, an arm and a leg, break a leg, break my heart, break the ice, butterflies in the stomach, catching a cold, cool as a cucumber, count on him, down it the dumps
- Set #1 Assessments - Multiple Choice and Context Clues
- Set #2 of Idioms: down to earth, eat their words, eyes bigger than your stomach, get off my back, get up on the wrong side of the bed, give the cold shoulder, go out on a limb, green thumb, had a ball, heart of gold
- Set #2 Assessments - Multiple Choice and Context Clues
- Set #3 of Idioms: hit the books, hold your horses, in hot water, in the doghouse, keep your chin up, knocked me over with a feather, lend an ear, on the back burner, piece of cake, pulling your leg
- Set #3 Assessments - Multiple Choice and Context Clues
- Set #4 of Idioms: sleep like a dog, put your best foot forward, raining cats and dogs, spill the beans, take a rain check, tickled pink, tongue-tied, turn over a new leaf, turn the house upside down, wade through
- Set #4 Assessments - Multiple Choice and Context Clues