Help your students actually remember the meanings of idioms! Idioms and Origins contains over 40 flash cards and a dozen no prep worksheets! Each card details the origin of the idiom, a definition, and an example. This figurative language will come to life and become much more interesting for them (and for you)!
You can also check out this blog post for some helpful strategies that will help your students decipher the meaning of unfamiliar vocabulary.
○ "Love this! I do one card a week/session with my middle schoolers."
○ "I've already used it with several kids and it's my favorite idiom resource!"
○ "Great resource with common idioms that are thoroughly explained and easy for them to understand!"
○ " I have a few upper elementary students who were 'getting bored' with idioms. I started this new approach this week and they're loving it!"
○ 42 color cards: Each has art work, the meaning, the origin, and an example of the idiom.
○ definition page for the word "idiom".
○ 17 total pages of black & white activities including a "create your own idiom" activity, "draw your favorite idiom" as well as the 12 worksheets detailed below
○ 12 worksheets: multiple choice, crossword, fill-in-the-block, matching, write an example
○ Print the cards- you can cut and laminate or just grab the page and go.
○ No print option- pull the cards up on your screen.
○ The worksheets are no prep!
○ Push the green star! Follow my store to see new resources always 50% off!
○ TpT Credits: Review purchased products to get credits toward your next purchase
○ If you have a question or issue, you can email me at email@example.com or leave a Question in my store. It is important to me that you are happy with your purchases!
● VIP Emails : Get access to my freebie library, exclusive deals, and therapy tips!
● Instagram : I’m here most often – therapy ideas, Q&A’s, and daily life
● Blog : helpful ideas and reviews for your therapy room
This resource is copyrighted by Lindsey Hockel, MS, CCC-SLP, owner of ©Speechy Things™ . Purchase of this item is intended for use by a single customer and is not to be shared with other professionals. If someone is interested in this resource, please direct them to my store. You are, however, welcome and encouraged to send pages home with students as needed. Thank you for your support and understanding!