Idioms can be a fun concept to teach in the intermediate grades! Students will love this entire unit and teachers will love the ease of preparing with this packet. Simply print and go!
This packet includes:
• A Guide to Idioms (mini-glossary for teaching)
• My Personal Guide to Idioms - student worksheet
• Idiom Match - Worksheet and Answer Key
• Taking it Literally - Worksheet
• A Banner Day - Illustrated Activity
• What Does it Mean? - Illustrated Worksheet
• Mini Book of Idioms - Foldable
• Idioms Foldable for Language Arts Journals
These hands-on resources work extremely well with students in grades 3-6.
If you like this resource, check out my best-selling ELA units:
Theme in Literature: Theme Match, Fables, Foldables, Writing Organizer and More
Figurative Language Unit: Simile, Alliteration, Personification, More!
Author's Purpose Unit - Worksheets, Game, Foldable, Activities, Posters, & More
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love that feedback! Also, follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted. It pays to follow me!
As always, please feel free to contact me with any questions.