This product contains printable pieces to cut, fold, and glue into a lapbook about the Iditarod and the state of Alaska. They could also be used in an interactive social studies notebook.
The following pieces are included:
• Title / cover page
• Mushing diagram to label
• History of the Iditarod trifold
• Trifolds for How does a musher prepare? & What supplies are needed?
• Iditarod trail map - large & small versions of the Northern (even years), Southern (odd years), and Fairbanks (2015) routes.
• Mushing commands vocabulary cards & pocket (list of definitions included)
• Iditarod ABC booklet & pocket (list of word ideas included)
• Fun Fact circles
• Map of Alaska to label with regions, bodies of water, and other features
• Alaskan weather flap book
• Alaskan native tribes flap book
On the back of the lapbook, I add the musher tracking sheet available at the official Iditarod web site. This sheet lists the checkpoints for the year, and enables students to track an individual musher through the Iditarod.
Please check out the preview to ensure that the product will meet your expectations. If you have any questions or comments, please contact me at MrsLeFave@gmail.com. Please visit my TpT store for additional products, or follow me on Pinterest