Also included in
- Includes TpT Digital Versions for Google Classroom remote learning.Integrate STEAM and STEM in your classroom at the End of the School Year!Make the last week of school and the last day of school amazing! Create a cereal box memory book to help students process the "last day blues." Engineer an amaz$10.00$14.00Save $4.00
- Integrate STEM and Literacy in your classroom all year with READ ALOUD STEM Volume One! Everything you need to be the Master STEM Teacher at your school! Awaken imagination and creativity all year. Students learn coding, engineering, explore real world problems, learn about STEM role models, pioneer$100.00$158.00Save $58.00
Includes Easel Activity Version for Google Classroom Distance Learning!
Integrate STEM, Writing, and Literacy in your classroom at the End of the School Year!
Teach students everything they need to build a house! Your students will love designing, building, testing, and writing about their very own house!
Connect to a Read Aloud: If I Built a House by Chris Van Dusen
This STEM Project is a companion activity to If I Built A House by Chris Van Dusen. The book explores all the elements needed for an amazing house!
Take students through the STEM Process!
Students design, build, and test their own house! After they have completed their activity, there is time for reflection on what worked and what didn't.
Using only paper, students learn 3D shapes and build their own blocks and other shapes to create their own house!
As an extension to the STEM Challenge, students write about the parts of their house and how many 3D shapes they used.
- Markers, Color Pencils, and/or Crayons
- If I Built A House by Chris Van Dusen (Recommended)
- Teacher Instructions
- Student STEM Journal
- Student Instructions
- House Vocabulary
- 3D Shapes Information
- Student Build a House STEM Challenge
- Writing Activity
- TpT Digital Version for Distance Learning with Google Classroom
To use Easel for Distance Learning, select "Open in Easel" on this listing.
Amazing resource for STEM club, STEM teachers, elementary librarians, parents who love hands-on learning, and elementary teachers who want to create a hands-on educational environment in their classroom!