After reading Dr. Seuss’s "If I Ran The Circus", have students transition to either of these interesting and fun writing prompts.
- “My students loved this! I added it into my carnival day as a writing center! So much fun!”
- “Cute way to bring the book to life! Great for text to self.”
- “Easy to follow. Great product.”
One is a class book. There are two writing prompt options, plus a blank page for you to program with whatever.
Students complete their page and illustrate it.
Collect and collate the pages and add the cover. There are two options.
Read your class book aloud by having each student share the page that they wrote.
I keep our class-made books in a basket in our classroom library.
It’s one of my students’ favorite “go to’s”.
Remember to display your class-made books for conferences too. They are a great resource to show improvement.
The other writing prompt is a circus tent “craftivity” with 3 tent options in black and white.
Students color and cut out their tent and attach their "If I ran the circus..." paper to the edges, bending it so that their tent is now a 3D cylinder. (Don't forget to review that shape.)
For that finishing touch, students glue their photo to the face of either a clown or a ringmaster.
- "My students loved this resource... especially when I put their face on to top of the clown's head."
- "The sweetest project! The kids had such a fun time creating and using their imagination!"
- "My students loved this activity and it was so easy!"
Punch holes on either side, add a yarn loop and suspend from the ceiling.
You can also opt to simply have students use the tent as a “header” gluing their writing prompt underneath.
Completed projects make a cute bulletin board.
I’ve included a circus clown poster to use for your display, as well as full-color tents, plus my 2 completed writing prompt samples, so that you can quickly & easily make examples to share.
I’m Diane from Teach With Me, wishing you a wonderful March is Reading Month!
Don’t forget that all of my new products are 40% off for 48 hours.
Click this LINK to follow my shop & you'll be notified of these huge savings.