If Then Statements - Winter Holiday Task Cards for Christmas, Hanukkah & Kwanzaa
Also included in
- These resources let your students practice or review a variety of English Language Arts and Math skills by using task cards or doing color-by-number activities. All the resources are appropriate for English Language Learners as well as your other students.✓ Please Note:* You can purchase all 5 resoPrice $14.40Original Price $18.00Save $3.60
- The 4 grammar practice resources for ELLs in this bundle will help your students learn how to use much and many with count and non-count nouns, how to use 2 grammar patterns that can be difficult for English Language Learners (1 is about past tense verbs, 1 is about conditional sentences), and practPrice $9.60Original Price $12.00Save $2.40
Do your students need to learn how to write if then statements? These winter holiday task cards about Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa give students practice in forming conditional sentences correctly. Students will enjoy learning about winter holiday traditions while they are practicing this grammar pattern.
✓ Please note:
This resource on if then statements about winter holiday facts is also available in a money-saving Fall & Winter ELA and Math Task Cards and Color By Number Bundle which you can find HERE.
Resource at a Glance
* How to use the if then grammar pattern with would when speaking and writing.
* Facts about the history and customs of Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa.
* Primarily English Language Learners who are learning about conditional sentences but other students may also enjoy learning winter holiday facts.
* It helps make teaching a tricky grammar pattern more fun by using winter holiday traditions as the basis for the lesson.
* It includes an explanation of the if then grammar pattern for teachers who need support to teach it.
* It includes 2 versions of task cards for different levels of language proficiency.
* The included student answer sheet and answer key for teachers mean there’s very little preparation needed to use this resource.
What educators who have used this resource say about it:
♥ "Awesome resource! Thank you!" -- A buyer
♥ "What a great resource! Thank you for being thorough and thoughtful." -- Barry S.
What you get in this product:
★ A table of contents for quick reference (1 page)
★ A detailed Notes to the Teacher section which includes an explanation of how to correctly form the grammar structure (3 pages)
★ A list of ELA Common Core standards addressed by this product (1 page)
★ 2 versions of if then task cards in color; one version provides more language support than the other (6 pages per set for a total of 12 pages)
★ The same two versions of if then task cards in black-and-white (6 pages per set for a total of 12 pages)
★ 2 2-page Student Answer Sheets, 1 in color and 1 in black-and-white (2 for each style for a total of 4 pages)
★ 2 2-page Answer Keys for teachers, 1 in color and 1 in black-and-white (1 for each style for a total of 2 pages)
There are 2 versions of these winter holiday task cards; one version offers more language support than the other. Each version includes 8 task cards for each holiday. They present facts -- familiar and less well known -- in the form of if then statements that students have to complete using the grammar pattern correctly. A detailed explanation of the grammar structure is provided so you can answer any questions your students may have about their responses.
Each version comes in both color and black-and-white styles. The color version has different colored borders so you can quickly and easily identify which holiday the task card is about:
* Blue for Hanukkah
* Green for Christmas
* Red for Kwanzaa
An answer sheet for students and an answer key for teachers are included in both versions of these winter holiday task cards.
You can use this resource about if then statements for both speaking and writing practice. Students can work individually or in pairs or small groups, or you can use the task cards for a whole class activity. If you laminate them so they last longer, you can also use them in a writing center.
A table of contents and a page listing the ELA Common Core standards this resource helps address are also provided for your convenience.
You can use this resource remotely in 2 ways:
a) When teaching synchronously or asynchronously online, decide which version of the task cards you want to use (or mix up the versions) and explain the task. Display the task cards one at a time and give students time to write their answer; alternatively, you can send the task cards to students and they can do the work on their own. Have students send you their answers and use the answer key to assess them. Or ask students to share their answers if you’re using a platform that allows you to do that.
b) For students to do on their own: Photocopy the task cards you want your students to use and the appropriate answer key (if you want students to correct their work themselves) and send the material home. Tell students what to do and have them send you their work when they’ve completed the assignment. Use the answer key to correct them.
English Language Learners and other students who need to learn or review how to use if then statements will surely benefit from using this resource!
You might also be interested in these other winter holiday products:
★ Hanukkah & Christmas Vocabulary Uncover the Picture Boom Cards™
★ Christmas & Hanukkah Word Search & Crossword Puzzles: Print & Paperless Versions
★ Christmas and Hanukkah Vocabulary Boom Cards™
★ Color-By-Number: Winter Holiday Math & Language Arts Activities
★ Multilingual Merry Christmas & Happy Hanukkah Posters
★ Multilingual Merry Christmas Posters (No Prep!)
If you would like to receive updates about my new products, please click HERE or on the star under my store name at the top of your screen.
You can earn TpT credits that reduce the cost of your future purchases by giving feedback about this product. Just click on the "Comments & Ratings" tab after downloading to leave a comment and a rating. It's that easy!
Thank you and happy teaching!
Common Core Standards © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved. Any claims of correlation or alignment to the CCSS Standards or WIDA ELD standards are solely those of The ESL Nexus and have not been evaluated or endorsed by the NGA. The ESL Nexus is the sole creator of this product and does not claim endorsement or association with the creators of the CCSS or WIDA standards.