If You Give a Dog a Donut Activities Book Companion Reading Comprehension
K - 2nd
What educators are saying
This was a really fun mini unit! We did an author study and this had lots of fun resources the kids really enjoyed! We even had donuts with it!
This is a great distance learning activity. I used it to reinforce cause and effect and circle stories.
Also included in
- This is a bundle of 7 different Laura Numeroff stories is part of my guided reading with a purpose series. The stories included are If you Give a Mouse a Brownie, If you Give a Dog a Donut, If you Give a Moose a Muffin, If you Give a Pig a Party, If you Give a Mouse a Cookie, If you Give a Cat a CupPrice $25.00Original Price $38.50Save $13.50
- Are you looking for a way to use real children's literature to teach your students guided reading strategies in whole group? This bundle will provide a weekly focus theme and reading comprehension strategy for your whole group guided reading. It is designed for a first grade classroom but can be adPrice $400.00Original Price $652.50Save $252.50
- This BUNDLE includes 4 units to teach during the month of February. Each unit includes lesson plans, featured texts, anchor charts, specific reading strategies, writing connections, crafts, and so much more. If you buy this, you will be all set with ideas to use in your whole group guided readingPrice $58.00Original Price $83.00Save $25.00
This packet is the perfect companion to Laura Numeroff's story, If you Give a Dog a Donut. This book companion is filled with comprehension reading strategies, math games, word work and writing ideas. A fun dog and donut craft is also included. This unit can be used for distance learning and google classroom with the new TpT digital tool.
Included you will find...
- Lesson Tips
- Examples of Cause and Effect
- Posters for Cause and Effect
- Posters for Sees, Does, Thinks, Feels
- Posters for Characters and Setting
- Circle Story-sequencing cut and paste
- Cause and Effect
- Story Mapping
- Text Connections
- Main Idea and Details
- Character Description
- Opinion Pre-Writing and Writing
- Invent a Donut Pre-Writing and Writing and Illustrating page
- Narrative Retell Writing
- Create your own Version Prewriting and Writing
- Vocabulary Word Search
- Math Board Game
- Donut Tally Graph
- Donut Bar Graph
- Donut Picture Graph
- Math Number Game-Adding 3 Numbers
- Dog & Donut Craft
Laura Numeroff Author Study: If you give… BUNDLE
JOIN MY GROUP CONNECT & COLLABORATE ON FACEBOOK.
Some other fun ways to connect....
© Megan Mitchell
Report this resource to TPT
Reported resources will be reviewed by our team. Report this resource to let us know if this resource violates TPT’s content guidelines.
to see state-specific standards (only available in the US).
Ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
Retell stories, including key details, and demonstrate understanding of their central message or lesson.
Describe characters, settings, and major events in a story, using key details.
Use illustrations and details in a story to describe its characters, setting, or events.
Compare and contrast the adventures and experiences of characters in stories.