This unit contains hands on literacy activities to use after reading aloud the picture book If You Give A Mouse A Cookie by Laura Numeroff. The activities are linked to common core standards and are appropriate for Kindergarten and First Grade students!
The story is ideal for investigating cause and effect.
- Vocabulary Word Work: Read and pair the words with corresponding pictures from the story
- Mouse's Story Wheel: Retell the story (using cause and effect) with this fun paper craft!
- Milk and Cookie Letters: Cut and paste the matching upper and lowercase letters
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie Banner : Brighten up your bulletin board (also by request - a blackline version)
- A Mice Non-fiction Text
- Mice Comprehension: Paste the missing words (sentence level)
- Real Mice and Mouse Character Anchor Charts
- If You Give a Mouse a Syllable: Help Mouse sort the objects into one or two syllables. A favorite literacy center with a recording sheet included for your students
- Word Cookies: 20 high frequency words on cookies
- Writing template: Create your own cause and effect story!
- 3 pages of guidance materials with helpful teaching ideas.
Color and blackline versions included (so 40 pages + 40 pages)
Check out our other read-aloud activities:
The Rainbow Fish Read Aloud Activities
The Day The Crayons Quit Math Activities
Chicka Chicka 123 Math Activities
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License