Use this retelling pack after reading "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" by Laura Numeroff and Felicia Bond. What's Included:
• Vocabulary Cards: Print, laminate, and display. I put mine in a pocket chart. We discuss vocabulary before we read the story. During journal time, my little ones will pick a word, write it in their journals, and illustrate the word. Also can use for read/write the room.
• Story retelling cards: Print, laminate, and cut out. Give students a picture to hold during the story. When that student’s part is read he/she will hold up the picture. Print off two copies and play a memory type game. Also can be used with the cut and paste retelling activity to help little ones identify the picture needed.
• Story sequencing: Cut and glue picture in order of the things the old lady swallowed in the story.
• Essential Questions. Students can circle or color the correct answer.
• Emergent Reader. A simpler version of the story to encourage retelling by young readers.
Follow my blog and store to be notified when new products are posted!