"If You Give a Mouse a Cookie” Cause and Effect Writing Activity
How to make this product work for you:
• Read “If you Give a Mouse a Cookie” aloud and discuss cause and effect together.
• After reading, model completing the story sequencing graphic organizer (provided) for the story.
• Discuss cause and effect.
• Allow students to write their own creative story about an animal and some kind of food (If you give a ______ a ________).
• Idea cards are provided if students need help coming up with something to write about.
• Students fill out their own story sequencing graphic organizer for their story, then use their sequence to help write their story on the paper provided.
• I hope your class enjoys this activity as much as my first graders have!
• Be sure to check out more products form Katie’s Creative Classroom