If You Take a Mouse to School Retelling Pack~This pack is intended to be used after ready "If You Take a Mouse to School" by Laura Numeroff and Felica Bond.
• Vocabulary Cards: Print, laminate, and display. I put mine in a pocket chart. We discuss vocabulary before we read the story. During journal time, my little ones will pick a word, write it in their journals, and illustrate the word. Also can use for read/write the room.
• Story retelling cards: Print, laminate, and cut out. Give students a picture to hold during the story. When that student’s part is read he/she will hold up the picture. Print off two copies and play a memory type game. Also can be used with the cut and paste retelling activity to help little ones identify the picture needed.
• Story sequencing: Cut and glue picture in order of the things the in the story.
• Essential Questions. Students can circle or color the correct answer.
• Emergent Reader. A simpler version of the story to encourage retelling by young readers.
Thank you for checking out my product. Follow my store and blog Preschool Wonders to be notified when new products are posted.